Monday, June 15, 2009

Impressive

I was reading one of the blogs that I love and she did a post on something that she did to impress her date. It made me think of a certain little incident when hubs and I had just started dating...

The Kid was 2 when hubs and I met. I was living with my mom and dad at the time so once things between us got serious he would spend a lot of time at my house. One such evening after The Kid had went to bed we were hanging out watching a movie and drinking a beer. Out of nowhere Hubs dared me to chug my bottle of beer...not being one to back down I said bottoms up. Of course I dominated the beer and drank the whole thing, which completely impressed him!! To this day we still laugh when it gets brought up, in part because that is something I never do and have never done since! Oh the things we do to impress the men in our lives!!

On a side note...I talked with The Kid this morning and she is having the time of her life in Chicago. She told me all about The Navy Pier, their hotel, and the scary cab driver that kept saying a naughty word "You know Mom....(then she proceeded to spell it very very quietly) F-U-C-K" I'm glad that she will look back on her trip and remember that of all things!
One more day till my sweetness is home!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, the things we do to impress the men in our lives!! I remember MANY things...such as always having beer in my fridge - knowing I wasn't going to drink it! LOL

Girl Meets Beau said...

Ha love it! I would have taken the dare too!!

Anonymous said...

It is funny the things that impress the guys too!