Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Growing up I was always a daddy's girl. I always went to my dad first when I needed something and always had such a close relationship with him. When my daughter was born I thought I would never be able to pry the two of them apart. They were absolutely glued at the hip...is was seriously the sweetest thing you have ever seen! Needless to say when my dad passed away a few years ago it rocked us to the core. My entire world was shattered...luckily I had my incredibly supportive husband and family to help me through it. Father's Day is always a tough one....I love to do fun things for my hubs cause he is such a wonderful dad, but at the same time I am always left missing mine.
This year we had a cookout the night before at my sister-in-law's house for their dad. We had so much fun eating and playing with the kids...and eating some more! I love big family get togethers like that! And Sunday was spent hanging out. The Kid wanted to take hubs out for breakfast and then after that we headed to the driving range so they could hit some balls. Kind of a relaxing/fun day. Hope all of you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine not having my dad around - I too am a HUGE daddy's girl. That's one of my biggest fears - losing my dad. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad that you had family around and was able to celebrate other dads. *hugs*

Holly said...

Sounds like a great Father's Day! I wish my dad and I had that kind of relationship.

Nishant said...

Sounds like a great Father's Day!
indian classified site