Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Knockin' on Wood

Let me start off by saying that I am not writing about this because it has happened but I overheard part of a conversation last night at Walgreen's last night that made me start thinking about this....
There are few things that just make my skin crawl the way that the thought of lice and pink eye do. I think that because they are both SO contagious is what makes me freak out whenever I think about it. I have had the pleasure, on more than one occasion, to have pink eye and it is terrible. I was constantly paranoid about touching my eye and then touching something else for the fear of spreading it, I Lysoled everything that would stand still (and sometimes even The Kid and The Husband got it too!) I washed load after load of sheets and towels and clothes just in case I touched any of them. I got a little carried away! That brings me to lice...I am knocking on wood the entire time I am writing this, but my daughter has never had lice. With her thick, extremely curly hair I truly feel bad for her if she ever gets it because I think that I might just have to shave her head. I have pounded it in her from her first day of school to never ever ever put on someone elses hat or use their brush or hair pretties because of my fear of this. So to the poor mom at Walgreen's last night buying lice shampoo.....good luck!

No comments: