Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Did It!

I did it...I completed my very first 5K! And let me tell you it was a lot harder than I thought....now looking back at the "training" I was doing to get ready for it I was going about it all wrong. I primarily did all my running on either the treadmill or the indoor track at our YMCA. Well for those of you that run you know how totally different that is than actually getting outside and running. So it was a lot harder and a lot more tiring than I expected but I still managed to finish, which was my goal all along! A little past the first mile I had to stop and tie my shoe because of course I was too amped up before hand and forgot to double knot! I also managed to forget to wrap my knee which has been giving me problems lately. So coming up on mile 2 it was really starting to hurt and I was starting to question whether or not I could finish when I came over a small hill and what do I see....none other than my sweet Hubs and daughter. I would have never expected them to pop up somehwere in the middle of the race but seeing them cheering me on made me want to cry! And it gave me exactly what I needed to finish! So aside from walking up the second half of a monster hill right at the end of the race I was happy that I was able to run the whole thing! So the biggest thank you ever to my amazing husband and daughter for being my cheering section....couldn't have done it without you! The Kid managed to snap a picture of my friend and I before we started so I will make sure to post soon along with pics of my sweet girl playing in the rain on Monday!
And my running buddy and I have decided that we are going to tackle a 10K in the fall....I've officially been bitten by the running bug!
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Memorial Day!

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Congrats!!! 5Ks are so much fun :)

LWLH said...

Congrats girl! :)

Anonymous said...

So proud of you! and yes running inside and outside is different!! LOL