Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Channeling my inner Forrest Gump

So this Saturday I am doing my first 5K. When I started working out, I mean really consistently working out, last fall I had to give myself some sort of goal to work towards. I have always secretly been an admirer of runners...the way they look when they're running, seeing them cross the finish line, the whole thing, it all just gives me goose bumps! So I thought, I will work towards running a 5K. Easy enough or so I thought....I could not have been more wrong. I was not in great shape by any means, but I could not believe how difficult it was to even run one lap around the track. Well the time has come and I could not be more ready or more excited. I can already smell the morning air and feel the excitement. I cannot freakin' wait!!! My whole goal is to simply finish....and to run the entire time, I mean I am certainly not going to be breaking any records here. And maybe seeing how this goes I might shoot for something bigger and better in the fall!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just smiled. I love stories like this. You sound just like me, 2 years ago! You can do it! The miracle isn't that you finished, it's that you ever started. :)

I have no idea who that quote is from, but I love it.

Suzanne said...

You go girl!! I WISH WISH I could run like that. Maybe if I got my butt to the gym. =) I will be rooting for you!

LWLH said...

Good luck girl! : )

Unknown said...

Wow, good luck! I am so not a runner, but am definitely jealous of them.

Trixie said...

Good luck with the 5k! I am hoping to run in Race For The Cure... at least I hope so.