Monday, February 23, 2009

Goals

I have never really bought into the whole New Years resolution thing...I usually end up breaking them by the end of the week anyways. I have for some reason decided to set some goals for myself this year and see how far I get in accomplishing them. My biggest one, like lots of people, is to loose some weight. I want to be in shape. I have decided that I am too young to be out of shape and not happy with how I look. So, a friend and I have decided to run a 5K at the end of May. To most people that may not sound like a lot (hell, my coworker's husband runs that every morning!!) but for someone who has never ran a day in her life that's huge! So to prep for this milestone I have started running. I want to like it, I really do...I am hoping the warm fuzzies for running come soon. I definitely feel empowered after I run...all 2 minutes of it.
As phase 2 of my weight loss journey I have decided to start following Weight Watchers, and since I am doing it that means my darling husband has to too. Don't you like how that works?!?! Stay tuned for updates.....

2 comments:

Mary said...

Goals are good. I wish I had more of them!

Anonymous said...

Over from SITS. I probably couldn't run to the bathroom and back without stopping to catch my breath!

Congrats for keeping up the HARD work! It will so be worth it!